blah
Who in the hell decided that the best way to connect with complete strangers would be to divide up the incoherent jumble that is the human consciousness into cutesy little lists?
"Please list your General Interests, being sure to separate each contrite little notion with a comma, thereby making it simpler for the machinery to enter your shattered bits into an automated void...we will attempt to force your unwelcome, 2-inch-deep, it-doesn't-count-if-your-mom-thinks-you're-funny persona on the idiots of likewise brain-dead pursuits."
I'm annoyed by people who use excessive amounts of exclamation points. And people who've heard words wrong and continue to spread the incorrect usage: "This is my working progress" "That's the first time I've ever used that word in this contest" "It's a pigment of your imagination". And people who post in forums that have both 'spell check' and 'preview' functions, but ask for forgiveness for misspellings "and could you please tell me if my pics work, haha, because I'm apparently incapable of reading the goddamn help section and then pushing a button that inserts the correct coding to post a picture, you know, that little button with the image of a picture right on it, the one that reads 'Insert Image' when you scroll over it, lol". AND STOP USING THE GODDAMN CHAT SHORTHAND IN POSTS. If you are holding a personal conversation, go ahead and 'save yourself time' by dropping the occasional letter. Otherwise, use the damn word. And people who go into a post comprised of a grand total of three lines, one of which is a link, and are completly incapable of absorbing the infinitesimal amount of information presented, who therefore proceed to make brainless comments, or ask idiotic questions...if the original post says "This isn't my work, but I found this site and thought I should share" DO NOT compliment the poster on "their amazing work" - they just told you IT WASN'T THEIR'S...if the original post says "I don't have the pattern for this, I made it up as I went along" DO NOT immediately respond with "do you have a pattern" - NO, I DON'T. Read the entire post before responding. If you don't feel like reading, WATCH THE DAMN TV.
"Please list your General Interests, being sure to separate each contrite little notion with a comma, thereby making it simpler for the machinery to enter your shattered bits into an automated void...we will attempt to force your unwelcome, 2-inch-deep, it-doesn't-count-if-your-mom-thinks-you're-funny persona on the idiots of likewise brain-dead pursuits."
I'm annoyed by people who use excessive amounts of exclamation points. And people who've heard words wrong and continue to spread the incorrect usage: "This is my working progress" "That's the first time I've ever used that word in this contest" "It's a pigment of your imagination". And people who post in forums that have both 'spell check' and 'preview' functions, but ask for forgiveness for misspellings "and could you please tell me if my pics work, haha, because I'm apparently incapable of reading the goddamn help section and then pushing a button that inserts the correct coding to post a picture, you know, that little button with the image of a picture right on it, the one that reads 'Insert Image' when you scroll over it, lol". AND STOP USING THE GODDAMN CHAT SHORTHAND IN POSTS. If you are holding a personal conversation, go ahead and 'save yourself time' by dropping the occasional letter. Otherwise, use the damn word. And people who go into a post comprised of a grand total of three lines, one of which is a link, and are completly incapable of absorbing the infinitesimal amount of information presented, who therefore proceed to make brainless comments, or ask idiotic questions...if the original post says "This isn't my work, but I found this site and thought I should share" DO NOT compliment the poster on "their amazing work" - they just told you IT WASN'T THEIR'S...if the original post says "I don't have the pattern for this, I made it up as I went along" DO NOT immediately respond with "do you have a pattern" - NO, I DON'T. Read the entire post before responding. If you don't feel like reading, WATCH THE DAMN TV.
I don't care if I sound 'angry'. I HATE MARCH. And I fully intend to write about it, WHENEVER THE HELL I FEEL LIKE IT. It's my blog...I'll be pissed off if I want to. And I don't particularly care if I'm being contradictory...I still do my best to use proper spelling and understandable, if not technically correct, grammer.
I have no intention of ever trying to stab out your eyes with three dozen exclamation points per five lines of text.
March's colors are red and pink. I'm thinking blood and guts.
















No comments:
Post a Comment