don't panic...
Ugh.
I feel like I'm back in high school...the hours before turning in a big project or taking a test were the worst...my heart rate would speed up, my hands would shake, and my stomach would be doing it's best to escape out my throat.
That's what putting in a job application feels like.
I picked up the application yesterday afternoon...and I was still writing on it standing in the store this morning while waiting for the manager to come speak to me.
Procrastination is not a good tactic for dealing with nausea.
The thing with feeling sick, though...my brain is smart enough to quit it once I've turned in the paperwork. At that point, it's out of my hands, and getting reacquainted with my breakfast will not do me any good.
It's a craft store, and the managers seem to like me...so think happy thoughts for me.
I kinda need a job.
And I'd rather not sell my soul to Wal-Mart.
I'm gonna go pretend job applications don't exist.
I feel like I'm back in high school...the hours before turning in a big project or taking a test were the worst...my heart rate would speed up, my hands would shake, and my stomach would be doing it's best to escape out my throat.
That's what putting in a job application feels like.
I picked up the application yesterday afternoon...and I was still writing on it standing in the store this morning while waiting for the manager to come speak to me.
Procrastination is not a good tactic for dealing with nausea.
The thing with feeling sick, though...my brain is smart enough to quit it once I've turned in the paperwork. At that point, it's out of my hands, and getting reacquainted with my breakfast will not do me any good.
It's a craft store, and the managers seem to like me...so think happy thoughts for me.
I kinda need a job.
And I'd rather not sell my soul to Wal-Mart.
I'm gonna go pretend job applications don't exist.
















No comments:
Post a Comment