tSIoME

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

define 'someone'

If my filenames are correct, I haven't participated in the Self-Portrait Challenge since June.

Guess what...I'm back.

September is ‘with someone‘ month - that means you must include someone else in your self portrait. Someone meaningful to your life or to the moment or to a specific event that you wish to document.

(Shhh...I have a sleepy baby...)

Yes, I'm more than aware that wee Jackers isn't human. But he is who I've spent the most time with in the past two months...from the moment he was handed to me the night of July 1st, a starving and lethargic few ounces of skin and bone and vocal cords (amazing how loud such a tiny creature can be!), 'till now...I've been a momma.

He's 13 weeks old now (well, that's the best guess), coming up on three pounds, has chestnut-colored eyes, likes things that crinkle, demands wet food mixed in with the dry, cuddles up to me when he sleeps, and won't stay alone in a room long enough for me to brush my teeth. He clings to my shoulder when frightened (want to see the cuts and scratches that prove it?), has a fascination with his 'grandmother', likes to torment our older cat and dog, plays rough, puffs up like a Halloween caricature of a cat when threatened, will get right up in your face to steal your food, and tends to run away with my 14 inch long knitting needles.

He's Jack...wee Jackers...and Troubles McSquinty.

And I'm a big dork with a heart that's apparently made of marshmallow.

3 comments:

Loralee Choate said...

Hey, there is NOTHING wrong with having the heart of marshmallow! No one is allowed to mock cuteoverload.com at my house (Which you should submit this photo to, it is so adorable).

LOVE THE WEE FUZZIES!

Anonymous said...

Adorable. I can just imagine the little kitten snuggle feeling.

Anonymous said...

Such a tiny little thing nestled against you. Darling.

I laughed quite hard thinking of that wee kitty running off with your knitting needles.

Nice take on this month's theme.