tSIoME

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

this is stoopid

Wine doesn't thrill me, but I'm liking my new hot cocoa.
It's spiced.
Smells and tastes like a pillowcase full of candy.

I've a mug full of liquid Halloween. It's lovely.

.:.:.:.:.:.

Dun wanna be a grownup.

Got myself a bank account so I could open an Etsy shop...and I've decided that I hate my bank.

The day I went in to sign up, the woman taking my info managed to copy my last name wrong straight from my ID (which is actually kinda funny...she had no trouble with my first and middle names - Chandra Morella - but screwed up on the FOUR LETERS of my last name). I fixed the paperwork then and there...but started getting mail - including my bank card - to the wrong name a fe days later.

Fine then. Went back, changed the paperwork AGAIN, asked for a new card...they were uber nice and apologetic about their screw-up. I thought it all was well when I got my new card - with the correct name, hooray! - a while later.

I got a bank statement in the mail yesterday. A bank statement that was $5 less than what it should have been. I realize $5 doesn't seem like a lot, but I have (well, should have had) a bank balance of about $13...five out of 13 is quite a large chunk.

Where, exactly, is my $5?

They deducted it. As a service charge. A service charge that pays for reissuing a card...

...EXCUSE ME?!

I'm being charged five bucks because THEY can't spell?! Nuh uh. No way.

Guess who's going back to the bank...

.:.:.:.:.:.

It's also International Talk like a Pirate Day, or ITLAP if you're a cool kid...and the Yarn Harlot beat me to the good stuff.

No comments: